Title: Membership and Communication Officer
Location: NEP Phnom Penh Office
Period: An initial contract for one year period with a probation for three months (a further contract extension is highly potential, due to fund availability and staff performance)
Monthly Salary Rank: 700 – 850 USD (plus other benefits, according to NEP’s standards)
Project Title: “Strengthening the quality of education policy advocacy, dialogue, and delivery through CSO inclusion, participation, communication, and capacity building”.
- ABOUT THE PROJECT:
The NGO Education Partnership (NEP) is a membership organization that coordinates dialogue and cooperation among education sector stakeholders to improve the quality and accessibility of educational services in Cambodia. At present NEP has a total of 152 member organizations, out of which 100 are local NGOs (LNGO) and 52 International NGOs (INGOs).
Since 2002, the NGO Education Partnership (NEP) has supported the consolidation of positions of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) working in the education sector in Cambodia. NEP in cooperation with Oxfam Ibis received a grant to participate in the Education Out Loud (EOL) Initiative of the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) to implement its project “Strengthening the quality of education policy advocacy, dialogue, and delivery through CSO inclusion, participation, communication, and capacity building”. The project duration is 2 years from January 2020 – December 2021. The objectives of the action are to (1) improve the capacity for conducting policy analysis and ensuring capacity to develop policy briefs, (2) strengthening CSO capacity on Policy Dialogue and Monitoring, and (3) Impactful and inclusive influencing of Policy, Planning & Review.
- Facilitate to organize membership meetings, provincial Education Sector Working Group (P-ESWG), sub-sector group (SSG)
- Lead the planning and organization of NEP’s online policy dialogue forum called “#EduNetTalks” in collaboration with other colleagues and members
- Organize training for members based on the needs analysis and provide evaluation of the impact of training
- Collect and share best practices regarding services and programs amongst NEP members.
- Conduct an annual survey of members to gather feedback and generate realistic expectations for the subsequent year on NEP’s services
- Lead and provide technical support the development of P-ESWG and NEP members’ involvement in P-JTWG
- Keep track of the proceedings of P-ESWGs and SSGs in the NEP template and keep it updated
- Develop, update and use adequate Knowledge Management templates and practices of various NEP and relevant information.
- Engage NEP members to actively participate in policy dialogue/discussion with MoEYS and development partners at national and sub-national level.
- Work with other NEP team to ensure smooth communication and information regarding sharing relevant Government policies and programs, key information and opinions which help NEP represent in discussions with the line ministries and DPs, and can be used to for a wider communication of the organization.
- Promote involvement in NEP’s activities such as workshops or consultative events amongst NEP’s members
- Be innovative to connect adequate inputs and opportunities with the strategic focus of the organization.
- Other tasks as require by NEP.
- Cambodian national with diploma in education management, public relation or any related field.
- Loving the nature of network work for improving the education sector in Cambodia
- An ability to build relations with NGOs, government officials and other partners
- At least 5-year work experience in education development program (internship/volunteer experience also counts)
- An ability to write Khmer so well
- An ability to communicate in both English and Khmer languages at a professional level
- Good organizational skills
- Some experience in budget planning, budget management, research, and monitoring and evaluating
- Experienced user of Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and strong Social Media skills
- Good ability to work in a team and with others
- Flexible and committed to social change with a learning attitude
How to Apply
Interested candidate is requested to summit CVs and Cover Letter (in one pdf file) addressing your interests of the position to NEP at email@example.com.
The application deadline is September 23, 2021 at 11:59 pm; the interview will be in the last week of September, 2021; and the start date will be in October, 2021. The late application will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview.
***NEP provides the equal opportunity to all the candidates, but women are encouraged to apply.