The ChildFund Cambodia is now looking for an Education Specialist to lead its education program and strengthen the technical competencies of program teams and partners. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or higher degree in education or equivalent experience, 5 years of experience in the education sector and program management, implementation, program development, capacity building, training, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing.
- Lead Organization Education Program in data collection/ analyses, designing of quality, innovative, and comprehensive programs (concept notes, proposals), and developing ToR of the education project review, evaluation, and research in coordination with relevant team members.
- Provide capacity building, coaching, and technical support to program teams and partners to strengthen the technical competencies and establish in-house competencies of selected teams in the area of early-grade reading and other innovative models.
- Coordinate with relevant teams and partners to set benchmarks, establish quality M&E tools, collect accurate data and lead project needs assessments and baseline surveys.
- Provide technical inputs to the Head of Programs on quarterly narrative reports and reviews for follow-up actions.
- Be responsible for knowledge management and sharing including best practices and lessons learned, latest government education policies, standards, specific requirements in national and regional contexts, organizational position on education, and donor trends.
- Work with the Head of Programs and Country Director to initiate and develop good diplomatic working relations with national, and sub-national education authorities, the UN agencies, relevant donors, and leading NGOs to co-ordinate Education program plans.
- Serve as ChildFund Cambodia’s primary contact with the government for inter-agency communication and coordination related to education in Cambodia.
- Take the lead in the advocacy forum at the national and sub-national level, particularly related to NEP, EGR, and New Generation School.
- Coordinate visits by national and international visitors in education programs.
- Provide capacity building to partners on child protection in schools and child protection in emergencies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in Education and or equivalent experience.
- 5 years experience in the Education sector and program management, implementation, program development, capacity building, training, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing.
- Strong experience working with INGO focused on the education sector in Cambodia or in the region.
- Demonstrate ability in conducting assessments, proposal development, strategic planning, and donor relationships.
- Experience working successfully in partnership with national-level institutions and local partners.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Khmer.
- Strong experiences in Inclusive Education, Pre and Primary Education.
- Strong networking with education sector stakeholders.
- Experience of constructive advocacy at national and sub-national levels.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding or sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment (SEAH) risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding and PSEAH policy and procedures, and conduct yourself consistent with those policies.
ChildFund Cambodia is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity at their workplace. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Application deadline: 09 November 2023
Please apply at: https://teamchildfund.bamboohr.com/careers/388