The NGO Education Partnership (NEP) is hosting its Third National Conference on Transforming Education to Promote Inclusion in the Education Sector. The conference will focus on the national campaign for improved policy implementation and SDG4, which is Sustainable Development Goal 4 on education to improve the monitoring of commitments made by the government and other stakeholders in the education sector which is to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
The objectives of the conference are to:
- Address the knowledge gap regarding policy implementation and local targets of SDG4 and TES Commitments.
- Discuss how all education sector stakeholders can participate in transforming education, systems strengthening, and education sector collaboration in the Cambodian context.
- Explore means to strengthen the education system by the alignment of government policies with CSO programs and structures and connections between important service providers.
- Consult and develop recommendations for efficiently correcting learning loss, high dropout rates, gender, and social inclusion in the education sector programs and policies.
- Explore details of SDG 4 localization and connections to TES Commitments and how education sector stakeholders can support accurate monitoring to catch up with SDG 4 implementation.
- Participate in the NEP national campaign ‘the Literacy Day’ for improved policy implementation and learn about the results of provincial-level advocacy work.
- Discuss emerging issues and explore potential solutions and innovative ideas to address implementation gaps for the Teacher Policy Action Plan, Multilingual Education Action Plan, School Health Policy, Decentralization Policy (DTMT), and others, with a special focus on inclusiveness.
The conference will be attended by government officials, national and international NGOs, development partners, and other stakeholders in the education sector with approximately 100 participants.
The conference will be held on September 11-12, 2023 at the Cambodiana Hotel in Phnom Penh.