The winner of the Sanger Institute Prize will be offered a three-month internship with a research group at the Wellcome Sanger Institute. Travel, living and research expenses are all covered by the award.
To be eligible to apply for the Sanger Prize applicants must meet all of the criteria below:
- Be from a low or middle income country (a full list of eligible countries is available below).
- Be studying an undergraduate degree relevant to genomics at a University/Institute in a low/middle income country at the time of the first stage application. This could include any biological science degree, bioinformatics or any degree which includes genomics as a large part of the content. (please note that if you have completed the your course but are awaiting graduation then you are eligible to apply)
- Demonstrate an active interest in research in the genomics field
- Have a good command of English (demonstrated by the clear writing within the application form, no certificate of English is required).
- Be over 18 at the time of applying
Applicants who do not meet all of the above criteria will not be considered for the second stage of the competition.
Please note that no exceptions can be made to the above criteria, we do not offer the prize to any one who is doing any post graduate course, whatever the circumstances may be.