The APMLEWG Secretariat is inviting you to the side-event of the 2nd Asia-Pacific Regional Education Minister’s Conference (APREMC II) focusing on Building Back Better: Mother Tongue-Based Multilingual Education for Ethnic Minority Children, 5 June 2022 from 12:45 pm – 1:45 pm (GMT+7/Bangkok time).
- To raise awareness on MTB MLE as an enabler for learning recovery, transformative education and accelerating progress towards SDG 4
- To sensitize Member States on the Bangkok Statement on Language and Inclusion
- To discuss policies and practices that will help Member States support vulnerable and disadvantaged ethnolinguistic minority learners
Our expert panel will address fundamental issues with guiding questions such as:
- What is MTB MLE and how does it improve students’ learning outcomes?
- How does MTB MLE help students learn other languages, including English?
- What digital learning tools are most helpful for children who don’t speak the school language and have limited internet access?
- How does MTB MLE engage local communities and promote social harmony and inclusion?
How would endorsing UNESCO’s Bangkok Statement on Language and Inclusion help a country meet its SDG 4 goals?